Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Blimp over the Beach

Blimp over Currituck OBX
By chance I caught sight of a blimp traveling south along the northern Outer Banks about 1 this afternoon. I followed it until it reached the Corolla area where it turned west and headed toward the Elizabeth City area. Probably out for a test ride (a blimp construction facility is located in E-City) and taking advantage of the low winds and clear skies, a trip along the beach must be some fine sight-seeing. And for the beachgoers, I know it was a fine treat to see a blimp overhead. Where do I sign up for test rides?

Here the blimp has just passed Luark's Hill, a sand dune in the four wheel drive area of Currituck County's Outer Banks. For reference I am looking East at the soundside of the OBX and as always, click on the photo to get a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment