Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dragonfly Contact?

If one is around plenty of nature, as I am, and tries to engage with the other creatures of this world one may find another willing creature!

I went out to shoot pics of a farmer's old International truck that was parked nearby and was greeted by a dusky blue dragonfly.  Dragonflies usually scoot if you approach, but this one just flew up and back down.  Perhaps it was engaged with the lens, but it seemed to listen to my stream of compliments and kept posing for me. I shot for quite awhile and may do another post with all those shots, but for tonight here is one of  my dragonfly, looking in earnest it seems.  I offered my hand at the end of my shoot and he gladly climbed aboard and we said our goodbyes.

My dragonfly, posing as Earnest in "The Importance of Being Earnest."  Isn't it an interesting creature?

No comments:

Post a Comment